Sponsored by Metro South Health, and held in partnership with Brisbane’s Princess Alexandra Hospital’s Division of Rehabilitation and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service, Brain Injury Australia invites consumers, family members, researchers, clinicians, allied health professionals, service providers and policymakers to submit a presentation proposal to the 6th National Brain Injury Conference, to be held on the 13th and 14th November, 2018.
- Share your knowledge with a large national and international audience.
- Connect with colleagues in the healthcare and disability sectors as well as people with lived experience of brain injury.
- Network with potential collaborators, and funders. Gain recognition as an expert in your chosen field.
The Conference organisers welcome proposals in the following subject areas:
- the lived experience of brain injury – consumers, significant others, family members
- the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- evidence-based approaches to the treatment, rehabilitation and overall care of people with a brain injury
- innovations in regional, rural and remote service delivery
- mild traumatic brain injury/ post-concussion syndrome
- brain injury in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- management of “challenging behaviours”
- family violence and brain injury
- traumatic brain injury in the military
- alcohol and other drug related brain injury / Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- advancements in brain imaging
The conference will have varied presentations including panels and single speaker sessions. Your proposal can be:
- an oral presentation;
- a “snapshot” (a 10-15 minute overview of a underacknowledged topic, or a research finding, in brain injury);
- the “Consumer Opening Address” to the Conference (by someone with lived experience of the disability);
- or a topic for a panel discussion.
Each proposal will be assessed by the Conference’s Organising Committee, comprising representatives from
Brain Injury Australia and Princess Alexandra Hospital’s Division of Rehabilitation and its Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service.
Deadline for presentation submission have been extended to : 5pm Friday 31st August 2018 (any enquiries after this date please email email@example.com)
Notification of acceptance: Thursday 27th September 2018
For any enquiries regarding presentation submissions or the Conference program, please email:
We look forward to seeing you at the 6th National Brain Injury Conference in November in Brisbane.
Brain Injury Australia